Alternative Health Therapist
Alternative Health Therapists treat patients with physical, mental, spiritual and emotional pain, and help restore the bodys natural equilibrium and balance. Therapies can help with sleep insomnia, boost the immune system, improve an individuals diet and energy levels, reduce stress and relieve pain. Examples of Alternate Health Therapists include Acupuncturists, Herbalists and Natural Therapists.
Duties and tasks
- Administer treatment according to health standards, laws and procedures
- Assess patients through verbal questioning and examinations
- Diagnose and assess individual health problems
- Implement organic techniques to cure health problems and stimulate the body
- Prescribe natural medicines and herbal treatments to treat body pain, aches and illness
- Provide natural treatments to medical issues and body pain
- Ability to self-promote and attract clients
- Care and Understanding
- Excellent Communications Skills (Verbal and Written)
- Judgement and Decision Making
- Strong Attention to Detail
Working conditionsAlternative Health Therapists will work in an indoor office environment and will predominately work alone. Often a therapist will travel to a patients house to treat them in the comfort of their own home.
Professional associations / Industry informationThe Australian Natural Therapists Association Limited (ANTA) The Australian Natural Therapists Association Limited (ANTA) is the largest national democratic association of recognised professional traditional medicine and natural therapy [Complimentary Medicine] practitioners who work in the areas of health care and preventative medicine.
Related jobs and job titles
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Assistant
- Natural Therapist
- Pharmacy Technician
- Remedial Therapist