How to become a midwife
What does a midwife do?
Duties and tasks
- Advise on nutrition, childcare, and other related questions after the birth has happened
- Assist delivering babies
- Help to manage the pregnancy and birth
- Monitor the condition of the mother throughout pregnancy and providing advice and adjustments in routine as needed
- Provide advice and support mothers during pre-natal and postnatal periods
- Australian College of Midwives
- Australian Nursing Federation
- Australian Nursing and Midwifery Accreditation Council
Step up your career with these resources
How upskilling or re-skilling could improve your post-COVID-19 career options
Almost every industry has faced immense changes over the course of the COVID-19 crisis. How are you boosting your skillset to secure your career?
Edward on how OUA helped progress his career
When he realised the ease of online study, Edward's goals went from squeezing through with a 'pass', to achieving excellent marks.
The checklist to prepare your career for the 2020s
With the turn of the decade, and today's speedy technology advances, here's how employees can approach the next 10 years in the workforce feeling prepared, not panicked.