Disability support

Disability shouldn't be a barrier to study, and the universities we work with agree. Your university provides dedicated disability support services, so you'll have everything you need to be successful.

If you’re a student with a disability, the universities that provide degrees through OUA will offer alternative format study materials to support you. These can include:

  • braille
  • e-text
  • DAISY format
  • large print
  • lecture transcripts

How to get support

Enrolment is the right time to let us know that you need support. Additionally, allow plenty of time to get your alternative format study materials and arrangements organised. To do this:

  • Where possible, enrol at least one study term, or 10 weeks in advance.
  • When you're enrolling, either online* or with an OUA student advisor, complete the disability support questions and nominate that you need assistance.
  • Contact the uni that provides your degree or subject—we’ve listed uni contact details below—to organise your alternative study arrangements.

*If you need a paper enrolment form, contact the OUA Disability Contact Officer, disability@open.edu.au.

Arranging your exams

Contact the Equity Officer at your university to apply to have your requirements accommodated during your exams. We've listed Equity contact details for each university below.

University disability contacts

To learn more about alternative format materials and other disability support services, you can contact your uni directly using the details below.

Australian Catholic University

Equity and Disability Unit

+61 7 3623 7377


Australian National University

Access and Inclusion

+61 2 6125 5036


Visit website

Curtin University

AccessAbility Services

+61 8 9266 7850


La Trobe University

Equality and Diversity Centre

+61 3 9479 2900


Visit website

Macquarie University

Disability Support Unit

+61 2 9850 7497


Visit website

Murdoch University

Access and Inclusion

+61 8 9360 6084


RMIT University

Equitable Learning Services

+61 3 9925 5000


Visit website

Swinburne University

AccessAbility Services

+61 3 9214 5234 (Mon-Thurs)


Visit website

University of New England

Student Access and Inclusion

+ 61 2 6773 2897


Visit website

The University of Adelaide

Disability Support team


The University of Notre Dame

Access and Inclusion


University of South Australia

Disability Services

1300 657 122 or +61 8 8302 2330


Visit website

University of Tasmania

Accessibility Services

1800 817 675


Visit website

OUA Disability Contact Officer

You can get in touch with the OUA Disability Contact Officer by email: disability@open.edu.au.