How to become a radiographer
What does a radiographer do?
Duties and tasks
- Setting up radiation equipment and performing radiation processes on patients
- Monitoring the status of radiation processes
- Answering patients questions about the radiation process
- Deciding on the accuracy and quality of images taken
- Following up on patients with medical professionals
- Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency
- Australian Institute of Radiography
- Medical Radiation Practice Board of Australia
Discover related courses
Step up your career with these resources
How upskilling or re-skilling could improve your post-COVID-19 career options
Almost every industry has faced immense changes over the course of the COVID-19 crisis. How are you boosting your skillset to secure your career?
Edward on how OUA helped progress his career
When he realised the ease of online study, Edward's goals went from squeezing through with a 'pass', to achieving excellent marks.
The checklist to prepare your career for the 2020s
With the turn of the decade, and today's speedy technology advances, here's how employees can approach the next 10 years in the workforce feeling prepared, not panicked.