How to become a fitness & sports centre manager
What does a fitness sports centre manager do?Managers at fitness and sports centres, including gyms, take care of all operational aspects including staff schedules, special events, recruitment, and health and safety.
Duties and tasks
- Develop new business relationships and partnerships with government bodies, schools, general public, and the community.
- Ensure compliance with health and safety legislation.
- Conduct staff recruitment, employee development, hiring, and training.
- Manage contractors and external workers including cleaners and maintenance staff.
- Monitor stock and inventory management, purchasing new equipment as required.
- Perform administrative duties such as updating member information, developing newsletters, and reporting for members.
Related jobs and job titles
Discover related courses
Step up your career with these resources
Upskilling or reskilling now will give you more career options
Thanks to the pandemic, new technologies and calls for social progress, the world of work is changing. How will you stay ahead in your industry?
Edward on how OUA helped progress his career
When he realised the ease of online study, Edward's goals went from squeezing through with a 'pass', to achieving excellent marks.
The checklist to prepare your career for the 2020s
With the turn of the decade, and today's speedy technology advances, here's how employees can approach the next 10 years in the workforce feeling prepared, not panicked.