How to become a fitness & sports centre manager
What does a fitness sports centre manager do?Managers at fitness and sports centres, including gyms, take care of all operational aspects including staff schedules, special events, recruitment, and health and safety.
Duties and tasks
- Develop new business relationships and partnerships with government bodies, schools, general public, and the community.
- Ensure compliance with health and safety legislation.
- Conduct staff recruitment, employee development, hiring, and training.
- Manage contractors and external workers including cleaners and maintenance staff.
- Monitor stock and inventory management, purchasing new equipment as required.
- Perform administrative duties such as updating member information, developing newsletters, and reporting for members.
Related jobs and job titles
Discover related degrees
Discover related subjects
Step up your career with these resources
What is an office administrator and what do they do?
Office administrators are the unofficial chief organisational officers of the workplace. They make sure their colleagues have the right tools and environment to do their jobs seamlessly.
11 project management short courses you can study online
Learn how to lead an important work project before the year is over. These online project management courses only take 10-16 weeks to complete.
Career planning: What can you do with an MBA?
There are so many ways you can use a Master of Business Administration to get ahead in your career, and they aren’t just in the business world. Let’s look at what else is out there.