How to become a nurse educator and researcher
Plan and execute nursing education, assess individual competence and undertake research into the field of nursing.
What does a nurse educator and researcher do?
Duties and tasks
- Assess students and provide feedback on individual strengths and areas that need improvement.
- Assist in the coordination of practical nursing experience.
- Assist other educators and researchers as necessary.
- Continually assess the effectiveness of courses and alter programs to suit any changes.
- Encourage the application of research results into education, safety, risk management and clinical nursing practice.
- Participate in, promote and distribute research projects.
- Plan, develop and deliver nursing education programs.
Discover nursing courses online
We're here to guide you there
Our student advisors can assist you with enrolment, help you plan your studies, and answer questions about how studying through Open Universities Australia can get you from where you are today, to where you want to be tomorrow.