How to become a nurse educator and researcher
Plan and execute nursing education, assess individual competence and undertake research into the field of nursing.
What does a nurse educator and researcher do?
Duties and tasks
- Assess students and provide feedback on individual strengths and areas that need improvement.
- Assist in the coordination of practical nursing experience.
- Assist other educators and researchers as necessary.
- Continually assess the effectiveness of courses and alter programs to suit any changes.
- Encourage the application of research results into education, safety, risk management and clinical nursing practice.
- Participate in, promote and distribute research projects.
- Plan, develop and deliver nursing education programs.