How to become a sports coach
What does a sports coach do?
Duties and tasks
- Demonstrate what is expected of the athletes.
- Devise game plans and strategies.
- Exercise safety precautions.
- Instruct and coaches athletes to learn their sports and develop their skills.
- Interpret and enforces the rules and regulations of a sport.
- Provide motivation and teaches good sportsmanship.
- Schedule sporting events.
- Department of Sport and Recreation (NSW)
- Department of Sport and Recreation (WA)
- Northern Territory Institute of Sport
- Queensland Academy of Sport
- Sport and Recreation Services (ACT)
- Tasmanian Institute of Sport
- Victorian Institute of Sport
Discover related courses
Step up your career with these resources
Upskilling or reskilling now will give you more career options
Thanks to the pandemic, new technologies and calls for social progress, the world of work is changing. How will you stay ahead in your industry?
Edward on how OUA helped progress his career
When he realised the ease of online study, Edward's goals went from squeezing through with a 'pass', to achieving excellent marks.
The checklist to prepare your career for the 2020s
With the turn of the decade, and today's speedy technology advances, here's how employees can approach the next 10 years in the workforce feeling prepared, not panicked.