Duties and tasks
- Analyse the potential risk of investments
- Develop weekly, monthly and yearly financial/management reports, including P&L Statements, Balance Sheet Statements and Cash Flow Statements
- Ensure all accounting activities comply with statuary laws and requirements
- Investigate and reconcile financial discrepancies
- Prepare and analyse budgets
- Prepare and analyse financial statements and reports
- Provide advice on all aspects of business operations, business plans, taxation etc.
- Work with internal and external auditors
- Analytic / Problem Solving Skills
- Strong Attention to Detail
- Time Management
Accountants typically work in an indoor office environment. A typical work week is Monday through to Friday, however at busy times (such as the end of the financial year), accountants may need to work overtime or weekends.
Professional associations / Industry information
CPA Australia is one of the worlds largest accounting bodies with a membership of more than 139,000 finance, accounting and business professionals across the globe.
Institute of Public Accountants
The Institute of Public Accountants (IPA) is a professional organisation for accountants recognised for their practical, hands-on skills and a broad understanding of the total business environment.
The Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia
The Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia is the professional body representing Chartered Accountants in Australia.
Related jobs and job titles
- Financial Analyst
- Forensic Accountant
- Insolvency Practitioner
- Investment Analyst
- Liquidator and Receiver
- Risk Accountant
- Systems Accountant
- Taxation Consultant