Small Business Accounting
Your upfront cost: $0
- 14 Mar 2022
QS RANKING 2022
Times Higher Education Ranking 2022
After successfully completing this course you should be able to:
- Describe core accounting concepts used in small business.
- Demonstrate the preparation and use of accounting information for small business decision-making in an innovative context.
- Generate budgets, business plans and forecasts for an innovative small business.
- Apply accounting tools and strategies in an innovative small business context.
- Introduction to Accounting and Business Structures
- Business Transactions
- Recording Business Transactions, Debits and Credits
- The Balance Sheet
- The Income Statement
- Cash Flow Statements
- Inventory, Retail Operations and Internal Control
- Cash Budgets and Forecasting
- Business Plans
- Small Business Analysis
- CVP Analysis, Costing and Pricing
You should not enrol in this subject if you have successfully completed any of the following subject(s) because they are considered academically equivalent:
- Equipment requirements - Audio/Visual equipment
This course introduces the basic concepts and principles of accounting with special emphasis given to the use and interpretation of financial accounting information. Upon completion of the course, students will be able to read, prepare and interpret financial statements and they will have gained an appreciation of their uses and limitations in practical and applied ways.
Commonwealth Supported Students who intend to complete a Griffith University Subject as Cross-Institutional Study in a degree from their home institution need to complete a Cross-Institutional Study application form, to ensure the correct fee is charged.
- Weekly Content Reflection (20%)
- Practice-based Accounting Assignment (40%)
- Business Plan and Budgeting Assignment (40%)
Current study term: 13 Mar 22 to 10 Jun 22
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.
Bachelor of Business
- Business Introductory Core Subjects
- Major in Marketing
- Major in Human Resource Management
- Major in Management
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship