What does a cybersecurity professional do?Professional cyber security experts secure data and systems. They’re aware of and implement important security standards and techniques. As highly valued problem solvers, their technical skills help public and private organisations cope with increasing levels of cybercrime.
Tasks and duties
- Provide specialist cyber security advice.
- Provide technical leadership and quality assurance.
- Develop cyber security policy and procedures.
- Monitor and analyse threats.
- Detect and respond to incidents.
- Raise awareness of cyber security threats within the organisation and promote a culture of awareness.
- Australian Computer Society
- Australian Cyber Security Centre
- Australian Information Security Association
- Information Technology Professionals Association (ITPA)
Discover related courses
Step up your career with these resources
Upskilling or reskilling now will give you more career options
Thanks to the pandemic, new technologies and calls for social progress, the world of work is changing. How will you stay ahead in your industry?
Edward on how OUA helped progress his career
When he realised the ease of online study, Edward's goals went from squeezing through with a 'pass', to achieving excellent marks.
The checklist to prepare your career for the 2020s
With the turn of the decade, and today's speedy technology advances, here's how employees can approach the next 10 years in the workforce feeling prepared, not panicked.