What does a cybersecurity professional do?Professional cyber security experts secure data and systems. They’re aware of and implement important security standards and techniques. As highly valued problem solvers, their technical skills help public and private organisations cope with increasing levels of cybercrime.
Tasks and duties
- Provide specialist cyber security advice.
- Provide technical leadership and quality assurance.
- Develop cyber security policy and procedures.
- Monitor and analyse threats.
- Detect and respond to incidents.
- Raise awareness of cyber security threats within the organisation and promote a culture of awareness.
- Australian Computer Society
- Australian Cyber Security Centre
- Australian Information Security Association
- Information Technology Professionals Association (ITPA)
Discover related degrees
Discover related subjects
Step up your career with these resources
What is an occupational therapist and what do they do?
Occupational therapists play a crucial role in healthcare. But what exactly do they do, and how can you follow this rewarding career path? Let’s find out.
Dietitian vs nutritionist in Australia: What’s the difference?
Want to help people make healthier food choices? Get to know the nutrition experts who guide us on everything from macros to calories for a living.
Adriana is using her nutrition degree to make a difference
With her Bachelor of Food and Nutrition, Adriana educates others about the impact food can have on the body.