Data Analytics for Cyber Security
Enrolments for this year have closed. Keep exploring subjects.
QS RANKING 2022
Times Higher Education Ranking 2022
Upon completion of this subject, the student should be able to:
- Describe the role and purpose of data for cyber security
- Explain how data analytics works in the cyber security industry
- Research and apply analytical processes to use data for cyber security purposes
- Data: What, When, Where, How, and Why?
- Cybersecurity: You Need Data for That?
- Collecting Data for Cybersecurity
- Analysing Data for Cybersecurity
- Presenting Data for Cybersecurity
- Making Cybersecurity Recommendations
- Assessing Cybersecurity Recommendations
No eligibility requirements
No additional requirements
In this subject you will learn how to interpret and analyse cyber security data. You will use methodologies and reporting techniques which are useful for strengthening information and network security and proposing changes. Specifically, you will learn about cyber security data; the techniques for identifying different vulnerabilities; and how data-driven decision-making techniques can be used to inform and report on purpose driven countermeasures.
This subject also introduces learning through practice by exposing you to authentic learning experiences. These experiences are placed at the centre of learning and assessment, so you have the opportunity to develop the skills, knowledge and behaviours necessary to respond to industry, community and/or global needs.
You will be introduced to:
- a range of methods, tools, techniques and approaches to practice
- principles and perspectives such as values, ethics, empathy and leadership in real world scenarios
- reflection and deliberative thinking as a means of developing knowledge, skills, attitudes and aspirations
- ways of understanding problems and developing solutions through active inquiry.
- AT3:Research and Analysis: Wireshark and PCAP analysis (40%)
- AT1: Report: Understanding Data and Analytics (25%)
- AT2: Self-Assessment: Using ISO and Data Analytics (35%)