3D Project Development
Pulling together your 3d skills, adding advanced rendering and lighting, you’ll work on meeting a brief for a 3d project. Working to industry standards, you’ll experience an authentic work environment, and be held to professional real-world conduct.
Enrolments for this year have closed. Keep exploring subjects.
- 31 Aug 2020
Start your career with Curtin’s globally recognised courses and extensive industry connections. Through OUA, our online courses offer an interactive and collaborative learning experience that gets you the same degree as if you studied on campus. Curtin is a global university with a vibrant culture of innovation and collaboration and is ranked in the top one per cent of universities worldwide.
QS RANKING 2020
Times Higher Education Ranking 2020
At the completion of this subject students will be able to:
- apply design production experience to industry-focused projects
- create industry standard digital media outcomes within an authentic work environment
- reflect on the role and importance of professionalism in industry practice
- reflect upon, adapt and incorporate industry practices into the production of 3D focused projects.
- Advanced Modelling and Animation Pipeline
- Advanced Project Development Cycle
- 3D Production and workflow refinement
- Advanced Render Considerations
- Progressive lighting techniques
- Character Rigging
You must have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this subject:
- EquipmentDetails - Computer capable of running project-relevant animation software
- OtherDetails -
Relevant Animation Software (eg. Adobe Creative Cloud, Maya, zBrush etc)
In this subject students will work on projects that are directly linked with real-world practice. Projects based on simulated client briefs, real client briefs, or studio placements give students direct experience in working in professional environments. Students will have the opportunity to document and reflect on their experiences, as well as forge industry connections in the 3D visualisation, visual effects, education, simulation and game design industries.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Project proposal (20%)
- Project development (40%)
- Refelction report (40%)
Textbooks are not required.