Why study visual culture online?
Combine art theory, art history and critical theory to explore the history of art in Europe and Australia.
Take the option of combining your study of visual culture with a qualification in fine art, or concentrate purely on the theoretical and critical side. This study will prepare you for, or complement existing work in, arts administration, art gallery curation, museums, exhibition touring or art criticism..
Studying online means that you can engage with visual culture in a way that works with your day-to-day life.
Visual culture highlights
- Engage with ‘high’ and ‘low’ forms of visual culture.
- Understand critical modes and methods.
- Enhance your understanding of and engagement with visual art.
Visual culture specialisations
- Critically evaluate texts.
- Insight into the development of art locally and internationally.
- Cultural engagement and understanding.
Major in visual culture
Bachelor of Arts (Fine Art) and (Visual Culture)
- Common Level 1
- Level 1 Major - Fine Art
- Level 1 Major - Visual Culture
- Level 2 Major - Fine Art - Painting
- Level 2 Major - Fine Art - Sculpture
- Level 2 Major - Visual Culture 1
- Level 2 Major - Visual Culture 2
- Level 3 Major - Fine Art
- Level 3 Major - Visual Culture
Study single visual culture subjects
Why study online through OUA?
Find the right course for you
We can guide you in your selection from 160+ degrees, and 1300+ subjects, from leading Australian unis.
Start studying, regardless of history
We offer single undergraduate subjects from full degrees without any entry requirements.
Gain credit towards your degree
Apply for credit for past study, or your work experience, and finish faster.
Graduate with a degree from a leading uni
Enrol through us, and graduate with exactly the same university degree as on-campus students.
Feel supported from start to finish
Our student advisors can guide you in the right direction and help with your enrolment.
Get going with OUA
Compare and apply
We’ll help you find the right course for you. Our student advisors are ready to answer your questions.
Work out your finances
During your enrolment, we’ll offer you the option to pay upfront in full, or defer your payment using a student loan. Remember to look into income tax deductions for course fees and study-related expenses.
Get credit for your success
We won’t let your hard work go unrecognised. Choose to take a single subject, or combine your work as part of a degree.