Bachelor of Digital Media
Get creative about your digital career.
Network with technology; browse and design a digital career online. Curate virtual realities. Design digital platforms and assets. Zoom in on digital media production and management. Create stories and connect with creatives. Create a designer portfolio.
Australian Higher Education Loan Program (HELP)
- No dates available
The University of South Australia, UniSA, is ranked in the top 10 universities nationally and amongst the very best young universities in the world. They offer over 200 world-class degrees that are informed by industry and delivered with a highly practical approach to teaching and learning. In fact, they are South Australia’s number one university for graduate careers. They are a valuable partner with Open Universities Australia.
QS RANKING 2022
Times Higher Education Ranking 2022
This is an innovative degree that will provide you with the technical skills and capabilities for a career in the creative media industries.
You will learn about:
- digital humanities, and you’ll develop skills in video and documentary production
- the creative process, digital forms of interactive text and image making, web design, multimedia and digital design
- historical and cultural views of contemporary media scapes within the digital environment
- how the GLAM (Galleries, Libraries, Archives and Museum) sector has been radically transformed by technological innovation
Practical experience is an important focus of this 100% online degree, ensuring you graduate ready to pursue a range of roles in the creative digital media industry.
Careers to consider:
- Digital content creator
- Digital and social media manager
- Online journalist
- Visual communication desiner
- Web designer
- Digital marketing and communication officer
This UniSA Online degree is currently available for Commonwealth supported students.
Applicants are required to fulfil at least one of the following requirements with a competitive result and meet any other academic requirements for the program:
- successfully completed equivalent to a minimum of half a year of full-time study of a higher education program at a recognised higher education provider
- completed an award from a registered training organisation at Certificate IV level or above
- passed a UniSA Online literacy and numeracy test and have relevant work experience
- completed a secondary education qualification equivalent to SACE, such as an interstate year 12 or international qualification
- completed a UniSA Foundation Studies Program or equivalent
- qualified for Special Entry
Students who do not meet these criteria can start studying now by enrolling in the subjects below. Students will be eligible to apply upon successful completion of four subjects and all subjects will be credited towards the degree.
- GRAP1027 Digital Graphics and Imaging
- LANG1064 Intercultural Communication
- INFT1028 Introduction to Digital Media
- COMM1073 Introduction to Social Media
- HUMS1058 Introduction to the GLAM sector
- INFT1029 Introduction to Video Production
UniSA Online offers four start dates throughout the year so you can apply as soon as you’re ready. Information regarding key dates can be found here:
For more information or if you are unsure of your eligibility please contact an OUA Student advisor on 1300 729 424.
Information regarding credit can be found here:
Study Digital Media On Demand and take full control over your study. Access support seven days a week, plan your study to fit around yoru life, view learning resources 24/7, and log into the interactive online environment anywhere, any time and on any device.
This UniSA Online degree brings together the latest thinking in design, media and technology. If you are a creative type, deadline-driven, and you enjoy seeing a project through from conceptualisation to completion, a career in digital media could be for you.
Keeping on top of digital trends is important in this dynamic and innovative field. Your studies will cover the most current practices using the latest technologies and digital media that are leading and informing the way we communicate.
As you develop technical knowledge, you’ll get hands-on experience in a range of digital platforms, working through creative processes used in the industry.
Recommended Study Pattern
Note: The program structure is subject to change at any time (information correct as at September 2020).
- Introduction to Digital Media (INFT 1028)
- Introduction to Video Production (INFT 1029)
- Intercultural Communication (LANG 1064)
- Introduction to Social Media (COMM 1073)
- Digital Graphics and Imaging (GRAP 1027)
- Introduction to the GLAM sector - Galleries, Libraries, Archives and Museums (HUMS 1058)
- Digital Media Project 1 (GRAP 1028)
- Animation Design (GRAP 2035)
- Archives and the Digital World (HUMS 2041)
- Writing for Digital Media (COMM 2088)
- Design for Digital Technologies(COMM 2087)
- Innovative Curatorial Studies (HUMS 2042)
- Digital Media Project 2 (GRAP 2036)
- Web Design (GRAP 3015)
- Digital Documentary (COMM 3070)
- Narrating Objects, Art and Archives(HUMS 3052)
- Digital Mediascapes (COMM 3071)
- Managing Digital Media (COMM 3072)
- Digital Media Project 3 (GRAP 3014)
Completion of 24 units including 4 electives.