Fundamental Principles of Agriculture B
Enrolments for this year have closed. Keep exploring subjects.
- 22 Feb 2021
QS RANKING 2021
Times Higher Education Ranking 2021
Upon completing this subject, the student should be able to:
- Describe human impacts on agricultural ecosystems
- Assess the relationship between ecosystems services and agricultural production
- Analyse management of agricultural ecosystems using a social and ethical lens
- Evaluate application and adaptability of skills and knowledge in practice
- Apply discipline-based skills and knowledge to communicate practice-based solutions or innovations
- Biogeochemical cycles
- Socio-ecological systems
- Food quality and safety standards
No eligibility requirements
No special requirements
In this subject you will explore the human impact of agricultural production on the services provided by the chemical, physical, biological and geological Earth systems. You will also be introduced to how these services can impact agricultural production in relation to biosecurity, food security, food quality and food safety. You will be provided the opportunity to find practice based integrated management solutions that are sustainable, economically viable, socially and ethically acceptable and environmentally feasible.
This subject also builds on concepts of learning through practice from Year 1 by introducing you to more complex learning experiences including:
- discipline-based skills and knowledge in dynamic practice situations. This will include authentic and purposeful, industry-related experiences
- concepts of managing effective relationships and communicating with others
- the development and use of adaptive leadership skills and how these skills relate to innovative and entrepreneurial practice
- the nature of responsible, accountable and reflective workplace skills, and creative and critical thinking relevant to para-professional practice.
You will exercise self-awareness, initiative and judgement to manage yourself and professional relationships effectively. The application of tacit knowledge and capabilities will be reflected in a Practice Manual.
- Tutorial exercise (25%)
- Presentation –True Cost of Production (25%)
- Case Study Report (50%)
Current study term: 21 Feb 21 to 30 May 21
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.