How to become a marketing professional
What does a marketing professional do?
Duties and tasks
- Analyse and forecast existing and future consumer trends.
- Conduct or commission research or commission on market trends and populations and prospective demand for new products and services.
- Evaluate research findings on markets and recommend and select primary marketing areas and populations.
- Implement marketing strategies, programs and objectives to further business growth and development of the organisation.
- Interpret research and information compiled on consumer preferences and trends.
- Provide expert advice and opinion on product specifications, pricing and advertising.
- Recommend sales promotion strategies, sales and distribution networks.
- Australian Direct Marketing Association
- Australian Market and Social Research Society
- Australian Marketing Institute
Step up your career with these resources
Upskilling or reskilling now will give you more career options
Thanks to the pandemic, new technologies and calls for social progress, the world of work is changing. How will you stay ahead in your industry?
Edward on how OUA helped progress his career
When he realised the ease of online study, Edward's goals went from squeezing through with a 'pass', to achieving excellent marks.
The checklist to prepare your career for the 2020s
With the turn of the decade, and today's speedy technology advances, here's how employees can approach the next 10 years in the workforce feeling prepared, not panicked.