How to become a marketing professional
Seize opportunities to market products and services to targeted audiences using ads, promotions, and digital channels.
What does a marketing professional do?
Duties and tasks
- Analyse and forecast existing and future consumer trends.
- Conduct or commission research or commission on market trends and populations and prospective demand for new products and services.
- Evaluate research findings on markets and recommend and select primary marketing areas and populations.
- Implement marketing strategies, programs and objectives to further business growth and development of the organisation.
- Interpret research and information compiled on consumer preferences and trends.
- Provide expert advice and opinion on product specifications, pricing and advertising.
- Recommend sales promotion strategies, sales and distribution networks.
- Australian Direct Marketing Association
- Australian Market and Social Research Society
- Australian Marketing Institute
Discover online marketing degrees
Discover online marketing subjects
Step up your career with these resources
Is a career in project management right for you?
Do you get a kick out of thinking big and getting things done? You could make a great project manager.
Are microcredentials worth it?
You can study a microcredential in just about any industry, from healthcare and education to business and marketing. Here’s why these skills-based short courses are worth your time.
5 qualities that make you a leader vs a manager
While managers dole out tasks, leaders take things a step further by inspiring everyone around them. Discover how you can become this kind of leader, no matter where you work.