How to become a marketing professional
What does a marketing professional do?
Duties and tasks
- Analyse and forecast existing and future consumer trends.
- Conduct or commission research or commission on market trends and populations and prospective demand for new products and services.
- Evaluate research findings on markets and recommend and select primary marketing areas and populations.
- Implement marketing strategies, programs and objectives to further business growth and development of the organisation.
- Interpret research and information compiled on consumer preferences and trends.
- Provide expert advice and opinion on product specifications, pricing and advertising.
- Recommend sales promotion strategies, sales and distribution networks.
- Australian Direct Marketing Association
- Australian Market and Social Research Society
- Australian Marketing Institute
Discover related degrees
Discover related subjects
Digital and Social Media Marketing
Step up your career with these resources
What is an occupational therapist and what do they do?
Occupational therapists play a crucial role in healthcare. But what exactly do they do, and how can you follow this rewarding career path? Let’s find out.
Dietitian vs nutritionist in Australia: What’s the difference?
Want to help people make healthier food choices? Get to know the nutrition experts who guide us on everything from macros to calories for a living.
Adriana is using her nutrition degree to make a difference
With her Bachelor of Food and Nutrition, Adriana educates others about the impact food can have on the body.