Bachelor of Business (Marketing)
Combine creativity with strategy in a fast-paced marketing career
Get access to marketing internships that will give you invaluable industry experience and exposure to some of Tasmania's top business minds. Gain skills that involve using creativity, problem solving and strategy to tackle marketing problems.
Australian Higher Education Loan Program (HELP)
- 06 Feb 22
- 26 Jun 22
Australia’s fourth oldest university, the University of Tasmania, is highly regarded internationally for teaching and academic excellence. The university offers more than 100 undergraduate degrees and more than 50 postgraduate programs across a range of disciplines. The university offers students a diverse range of opportunities, the chance to learn from leading experts, and excellent preparation for their future careers.
QS RANKING 2022
Times Higher Education Ranking 2022
Upon completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Acquire and apply discipline specific knowledge and skills related to business and organisations (Discipline Knowledge).
- Communicate information effectively in written and oral forms with a diverse range of stakeholders (Communication Skills).
- Apply critical and analytical skills to the identification and evaluation of complex business problems and draw logical conclusions (Critical Skills).
- Work both independently and collaboratively to achieve agreed team outcomes (Teamwork).
Our business course gives you both job-specific and transferrable skills. Transferrable skills set you up for long-term success. We embed the principals of leadership, teamwork, and entrepreneurship and innovation and teach you critical thinking, strategic analysis, and evidence-based decision making, so you can adapt as the job market evolves.
Here are some of the careers projected to grow into 2024*:
- Sales Marketing and Public relations 14.8%
- Advertising and Marketing professionals 21%
*Source: ABS Labour Force Survey, National Skills Commission trend data to May 2019 and projections to 2024.
Graduates of this course can apply for membership through the Australian Marketing Institute
To be eligible for an offer, applicants must have:
- Partially completed an undergraduate course at Diploma level or higher (or equivalent). Applicants must have completed at least two units of study (equivalent to 25 UTAS credit points). If an applicant has failed any units the application may be subject to further review before an offer is made; OR
- Completed the UTAS University Preparation Program (or an equivalent qualification offered by an Australian University).
Applicants are ranked by ATAR and offers made based on the number of places available.
Applicants who have recently completed senior secondary studies but have not received an ATAR may still be eligible for admission. We will consider your individual subject results on a case-by-case basis when we assess your application.
To be eligible for an offer, applicants must have completed a Certificate IV (or equivalent) in any discipline.
Work and Life
Applicants without senior secondary, tertiary or VET / TAFE study can complete a personal competency statement.
Applicants may be eligible for an offer if they have relevant work and / or life experiences which demonstrate a capacity to succeed in this course.
The following qualifications are recognised articulating admissions pathways into the B3A Bachelor of Business:
- Diploma of Applied Business; Associate Degree in Applied Business
- Diploma of Hospitality Management; Advanced Diploma of Hospitality Management
- Diploma of Marketing & Communication; Advanced Diploma of Marketing & Communication
- Diploma of Travel and Tourism; Advanced Diploma of Travel and Tourism
- Diploma of University Studies; Associate Degree in University Studies
Get access that you won’t find anywhere else, including internships that give you invaluable industry experience, and exposure to some of Tasmania's top business minds.
Marketing professionals find creative solutions to the problems faced by the organisations and delivering customer value at a profit. In Marketing, you’ll learn how to identify a target audience, develop strategies to reach them, and communicate effectively to drive action.
Your studies will explore topics that will enhance your creativity, problem solving skills and ability to develop strategies that address marketing problems and prepare marketing plans. We embed principles of entrepreneurial thinking, strategic management and innovation across our programs, so you get the edge in your chosen career.
Our accelerated teaching model means you can complete your full Bachelor of Business in just two years. If you prefer to take more time to complete your degree, you can also choose from our range of flexible options and pick a study pattern to suit your lifestyle.
Recommended Study Pattern
For students undertaking full-time study the following study pattern is recommended:
Year 1. 8 subjects in first year including:
- 4 core subjects
- TAS-BAA111 People and Organisations
- TAS-BEA111 Introduction to Markets and the Economy
- TAS-BEA140 Data Analysis for Business
- TAS-BFA103 Accountability and Accounting
- 2 major subjects
- TAS-BMA101 Introduction to Management
- TAS-BMA151 Principles of Marketing
- 2 electives
Year 2. 8 subjects in second year including:
- 4 core subjects
- TAS-BAA211 Entrepreneurship
- TAS-BAA215 Business and Corporate Law
- TAS-BMA202 Business Strategy
- TAS-BMA250 Managerial Social Responsibility
- 2 major subjects
- TAS-BMA258 Services Marketing
- TAS-BMA262 Consumer Behaviour
- 2 electives
Year 3. 8 subjects in third year including:
- 4 major subjects
- TAS-BMA331 Marketing Research
- TAS-BMA349 Advertising and Promotion
- TAS-BMA329 Retail Marketing
- TAS-BMA351 Marketing Management
- 4 electives
You can apply direct through Open Universities Australia.
Once you've checked your eligibility, apply and enrol for this degree following the steps. This degree also allows you to get started with Open access.
Select “See subjects”
Choose subjects to begin your application. You can choose 1 or 2 subjects to start.
Choose how you want to start
You can apply for the full degree or if you want to start with Open access, enrol into the subjects using the “Single subjects” option.
You can apply for the degree later and the subjects may be credited towards the degree.
Complete your details
Provide your details and select a funding option. You can pay up-front or apply for government funding in your application.
We're here to help answer your questions. Our friendly student advisors provide 7 day support.
This degree offers Open access entry, exclusive to Open Universities Australia.
There’s more than one way to get a degree. Open access allows you to start with single subjects as a way into eligible degrees, regardless of your study history.
Enrol into and complete the required Open access subjects to earn entry in this degree. Most subjects have no entry requirements, are fully government funded (if you’re eligible) and may be credited when you start the degree.
The best part? You can enrol and get started with single subjects now.