How to become an advertising executive
What does an advertising executive do?Advertising executives are the critical link between clients and the agency. On the business side of things, they solicit new customers and pitch concepts. On the creative side, they work on the core message of campaigns. Ultimately, they strive to meet clients’ needs within budget.
Duties and tasks
- Develop and maintain strategic relationships with clients.
- Manage the development and execution of plans and budgets.
- Negotiate prices and credit limits.
- Provide strategic advice and recommendations in terms of communications, budgets, forecasts and positioning.
- Translate advertising, sales and marketing ideas to a wide range of departments within the organisation.
- Advertising Foundation of Australia
- Advertising Standards Bureau
- Australian Association of National Advertisers
Related jobs and job titles
Step up your career with these resources
What is an occupational therapist and what do they do?
Occupational therapists play a crucial role in healthcare. But what exactly do they do, and how can you follow this rewarding career path? Let’s find out.
Dietitian vs nutritionist in Australia: What’s the difference?
Want to help people make healthier food choices? Get to know the nutrition experts who guide us on everything from macros to calories for a living.
Adriana is using her nutrition degree to make a difference
With her Bachelor of Food and Nutrition, Adriana educates others about the impact food can have on the body.