How to become an advertising executive
What does an advertising executive do?Advertising executives are the critical link between clients and the agency. On the business side of things, they solicit new customers and pitch concepts. On the creative side, they work on the core message of campaigns. Ultimately, they strive to meet clients’ needs within budget.
Duties and tasks
- Develop and maintain strategic relationships with clients.
- Manage the development and execution of plans and budgets.
- Negotiate prices and credit limits.
- Provide strategic advice and recommendations in terms of communications, budgets, forecasts and positioning.
- Translate advertising, sales and marketing ideas to a wide range of departments within the organisation.
- Advertising Foundation of Australia
- Advertising Standards Bureau
- Australian Association of National Advertisers
Related jobs and job titles
Step up your career with these resources
Upskilling or reskilling now will give you more career options
Thanks to the pandemic, new technologies and calls for social progress, the world of work is changing. How will you stay ahead in your industry?
Edward on how OUA helped progress his career
When he realised the ease of online study, Edward's goals went from squeezing through with a 'pass', to achieving excellent marks.
The checklist to prepare your career for the 2020s
With the turn of the decade, and today's speedy technology advances, here's how employees can approach the next 10 years in the workforce feeling prepared, not panicked.