How to become an advertising specialist
Work on ad campaigns that encourage consumers to buy goods and services or engage with an organisation.
What does an advertising specialist do?Advertising specialists are responsible for transforming creative ideas into advertising campaigns. They might specialise in advertising channels like digital, tv, radio, and print.
Duties and tasks
- Deliver presentations to existing and prospective clients in order to win business and drive new revenue.
- Liaise between advertising and marketing teams and external clients.
- Work within budgets.
- Plan, develop and create advertising campaigns.
- Project manage various different advertising campaigns.
- Provide strategic analysis and feedback on advertising campaigns.
- Advertising Foundation of Australia
- Advertising Standards Bureau
- Australian Association of National Advertisers
Related jobs and job titles
Discover related subjects
Step up your career with these resources
Is a career in project management right for you?
Do you get a kick out of thinking big and getting things done? You could make a great project manager.
Are microcredentials worth it?
You can study a microcredential in just about any industry, from healthcare and education to business and marketing. Here’s why these skills-based short courses are worth your time.
5 qualities that make you a leader vs a manager
While managers dole out tasks, leaders take things a step further by inspiring everyone around them. Discover how you can become this kind of leader, no matter where you work.