How to become an advertising specialist
What does an advertising specialist do?Advertising specialists are responsible for transforming creative ideas into advertising campaigns. They might specialise in advertising channels like digital, tv, radio, and print.
Duties and tasks
- Deliver presentations to existing and prospective clients in order to win business and drive new revenue.
- Liaise between advertising and marketing teams and external clients.
- Work within budgets.
- Plan, develop and create advertising campaigns.
- Project manage various different advertising campaigns.
- Provide strategic analysis and feedback on advertising campaigns.
- Advertising Foundation of Australia
- Advertising Standards Bureau
- Australian Association of National Advertisers
Related jobs and job titles
Step up your career with these resources
Upskilling or reskilling now will give you more career options
Thanks to the pandemic, new technologies and calls for social progress, the world of work is changing. How will you stay ahead in your industry?
Edward on how OUA helped progress his career
When he realised the ease of online study, Edward's goals went from squeezing through with a 'pass', to achieving excellent marks.
The checklist to prepare your career for the 2020s
With the turn of the decade, and today's speedy technology advances, here's how employees can approach the next 10 years in the workforce feeling prepared, not panicked.