How to become an events manager
What does an events manager do?
Duties and tasks
- Actively listen to clients to determine the type of event clients wish to put on.
- Arrange services like the delivery of audio-visual equipment, the catering of food, the display of signage, the availability of transportation, etc.
- Field and answer questions from the public or invited guests about the planned event.
- Promote scheduled events to ensure maximum attendance.
- Secure appropriate venues for the type of event.
- Work with clients to reach mutually satisfactory event details and prices.
- Advertising executive
- Advertising specialist
- Functions coordinator
- Marketing executive
- Marketing professional
- Meetings and events manager
- Sales manager
Discover related degrees
Discover related subjects
Step up your career with these resources
Is a career in project management right for you?
Do you get a kick out of thinking big and getting things done? You could make a great project manager.
Are microcredentials worth it?
You can study a microcredential in just about any industry, from healthcare and education to business and marketing. Here’s why these skills-based short courses are worth your time.
5 qualities that make you a leader vs a manager
While managers dole out tasks, leaders take things a step further by inspiring everyone around them. Discover how you can become this kind of leader, no matter where you work.
We're here to guide you there
Our student advisors can assist you with enrolment, help you plan your studies, and answer questions about how studying through Open Universities Australia can get you from where you are today, to where you want to be tomorrow.