How to become an events manager
What does an events manager do?
Duties and tasks
- Actively listen to clients to determine the type of event clients wish to put on.
- Arrange services like the delivery of audio-visual equipment, the catering of food, the display of signage, the availability of transportation, etc.
- Field and answer questions from the public or invited guests about the planned event.
- Promote scheduled events to ensure maximum attendance.
- Secure appropriate venues for the type of event.
- Work with clients to reach mutually satisfactory event details and prices.
Discover related courses
Bachelor of Business (Logistics and Supply Chain Management)
- Major in Logistics and SCM
Step up your career with these resources
Upskilling or reskilling now will give you more career options
Thanks to the pandemic, new technologies and calls for social progress, the world of work is changing. How will you stay ahead in your industry?
Edward on how OUA helped progress his career
When he realised the ease of online study, Edward's goals went from squeezing through with a 'pass', to achieving excellent marks.
The checklist to prepare your career for the 2020s
With the turn of the decade, and today's speedy technology advances, here's how employees can approach the next 10 years in the workforce feeling prepared, not panicked.