Bachelor of Business (Hospitality Management)
Take your passion for good service to the next level
Transform your career in hospitality into one of leadership in the space you are passionate about. Learn entrepreneurial thinking, strategy and management techniques for service success. Graduate ready for management.
Australian Higher Education Loan Program (HELP)
- 25 Jun 23
- 27 Aug 23
Australia’s fourth oldest university, the University of Tasmania, is highly regarded internationally for teaching and academic excellence. The university offers more than 100 undergraduate degrees and more than 50 postgraduate programs across a range of disciplines. The university offers students a diverse range of opportunities, the chance to learn from leading experts, and excellent preparation for their future careers.
Learn more about UTAS.
Explore UTAS courses.
QS Ranking 2023
Times Higher Education Ranking 2023
Our student advisors are here to guide you with:
- Enrolling and eligibility
- Fee and loan information
- Credit and recognition for prior learning
Upon successful completion of this program, students should be able to:
- Acquire and apply discipline specific knowledge and skills related to business and organisations (Discipline Knowledge).
- Communicate information effectively in written and oral forms with a diverse range of stakeholders (Communication Skills).
- Apply critical and analytical skills to the identification and evaluation of complex business problems and draw logical conclusions (Critical Skills).
- Work both independently and collaboratively to achieve agreed team outcomes (Teamwork).
Our business course gives you both job-specific and transferrable skills to set you up for long-term success. We embed the principals of leadership, teamwork, and entrepreneurship and innovation. We teach you critical thinking, strategic analysis, and evidence-based decision making, so you can adapt as the job market evolves.
As a Bachelor of Business (Hospitality Management) graduate, you will have access to a diverse range of career opportunities such as:
• Events Manager
• Hotel Manager
• Front of House and Bar Manager
• Small business management and ownership
Become recognised as a leader in your field and enter straight into managerial-level positions across the globe.
This major is only available to those students entering the Bachelor of Business via the approved Hospitality Management pathway. Students MUST have completed the AQF Diploma or Advanced Diploma of Hospitality Management. Students entering the Bachelor of Business via the approved Hospitality Management pathway are granted Advanced Standing towards the major on the basis of their completed pathway qualification and will then complete a selection of advanced level units to complete the major.
The following qualifications are recognised articulating admissions pathways into the B3A Bachelor of Business:
- Diploma of Applied Business
- Associate Degree in Applied Business
- Diploma of Hospitality Management
- Advanced Diploma of Hospitality Management
- Diploma of Marketing & Communication
- Advanced Diploma of Marketing & Communication
- Diploma of Travel and Tourism
- Advanced Diploma of Travel and Tourism
- Diploma of University Studies
- Associate Degree in University Studies
Maximize the value of your industry specific skills by fast tracking your career and graduate ready for a managerial position within the private, public and community sectors.
A Bachelor of Business majoring in Hospitality Management transforms your passion into an industry-leading career with entrepreneurial thinking, strategic management, and innovation across our courses. This major is designed for holders of a Diploma or Advanced Diploma of Hospitality Management or/an equivalent qualification. Holders of an Advanced Diploma can receive credit for up to 12 subjects of study.
Our accelerated teaching model means you can complete your full Bachelor of Business in just two years. If you prefer to take more time to complete your degree, you can also choose from our range of flexible options and pick a study pattern to suit your lifestyle.
From running a team of people in a hotel, to opening your own business utilising the unique environment of Australia, or further afield, the world is your oyster.
Recommended Study Pattern
*This major is only available to those students entering the Bachelor of Business via the approved Hospitality Management pathway. Students MUST have completed the AQF Diploma or Advanced Diploma of Hospitality Management. Students entering the Bachelor of Business via the approved Hospitality Management pathway are granted Advanced Standing towards the major on the basis of their completed pathway qualification and will then complete a selection of advanced level units to complete the major.
For students undertaking full-time study the following study pattern is recommended:
Year 1. 8 subjects in first year including:
- 4 core subjects
- TAS-BAA111 People and Organisations
- TAS-BEA111 Introduction to Markets and the Economy
- TAS-BEA140 Data Analysis for Business
- TAS-BFA103 Accountability and Accounting
- 2 major subjects
- 25 credit points of advanced standing granted on the basis of an approved pathway
- 2 UTAS electives
Year 2. 8 subjects in second year including:
- 4 core subjects
- TAS-BAA211 Entrepreneurship
- TAS-BAA215 Business and Corporate Law
- TAS-BMA202 Business Strategy
- TAS-BMA250 Managerial Social Responsibility
- 2 major subjects
- 25 credit points of advanced standing ranted on the basis of an approved pathway
- 2 UTAS electives
Year 3. 8 subjects in third year including:
- 4 major subjects
- TAS-BMA328 Leadership in Organisations
- TAS-BMA357 Freelancing and Small Business
- Any two (2) of the following:
- TAS-BMA314 Organisational Change and Development
- TAS-BMA329 Retail Marketing
- TAS-BMA343 Digital and Social Media Marketing
- TAS-BMA351 Marketing Management
- 4 UTAS electives
Satisfactory completion of 24 subjects, as required in the schedule, within 3-7 years from commencement.
You can apply direct through Open Universities Australia.
Once you've checked your eligibility, apply and enrol for this degree following the steps. This degree also allows you to get started with Open access.
Select ‘Apply now’
Choose subjects to begin your application. You can choose 1 or 2 subjects to start.
Choose how you want to start
You can apply for the full degree or if you want to start with Open access, enrol into the subjects using the ‘Single subjects’ option.
You can apply for the degree later and the subjects may be credited towards the degree.
Complete your details
Provide your details and select a funding option. You can pay up-front or apply for government funding in your application.
We're here to help answer your questions. Our friendly student advisors provide 7 day support.
This degree offers Open access entry, exclusive to Open Universities Australia.
There’s more than one way to get a degree. Open access allows you to start with single subjects as a way into eligible degrees, regardless of your study history.
Enrol into and complete the required Open access subjects to earn entry in this degree. Most subjects have no entry requirements, are fully government funded (if you’re eligible) and may be credited when you start the degree.
The best part? You can enrol and get started with single subjects now.