Master of Marketing and Innovation Management
Rise to the top in the marketing industry
Take your marketing skills to the next level with a career in management. Learn how to identify valuable business opportunities. Implement and coordinate successful marketing plans. Become an innovative leader with a customer-first mindset.
Australian Higher Education Loan Program (HELP)
- No dates available
QS RANKING 2022
Times Higher Education Ranking 2022
- Apply critical thinking and technical skills to solve authentic business problems.
- Demonstrate effective communication and teamwork skills appropriate to cultural contexts.
- Demonstrate mastery of a global body of marketing and innovation knowledge and practice, including knowledge of research principles and methods
- Independently initiate, plan and execute a substantial project to meet agreed deliverables.
- Justify decisions and judgements that address a complex business issue considering the ethical and social consequences.
Graduates will be equipped to further their career progression in one of the many marketing disciplines. For those already in senior management, the degree delivers advanced professional development in strategic areas of marketing, such as global marketing, product and service innovation management, and strategic marketing.
Possible future job titles: Marketing Director, Marketing Manager, Sales Manager, Brand Manager, Product and Advertising Manager, Market Researcher
Bachelor degree in a cognate discipline
Work and Life
Where accepted, equivalent prior learning, including at least five years relevant professional experience
English Proficiency Requirements
English competency requirements may be satisfied through completion of one of the following:
- IELTS Academic Overall band minimum score of 6.5 (no individual band less than 6.0);
- Bachelor degree from a country specified on the English Proficiency Bands page;
- Successfully completed 0.375 EFTSL of study at postgraduate level or higher at an Australian higher education provider (or equivalent);
- Where accepted, equivalent prior learning, including at least five years relevant professional experience; or
- Other tests, courses or programs defined on the English Proficiency Bands page.
If you're applying for a course and have previous study or professional experience, you may be eligible for what we call 'advanced standing'.
For more information and to apply please go to https://www.ecu.edu.au/future-students/course-entry/advanced-standing
The Master of Marketing and Innovation Management is a unique course in Western Australia, developing marketing managers who are able to tackle complex business cases in national and international contexts.
Students in this course will be able to create value for an organisation, their customers, their partners and society at large. They will be equipped with the skills and knowledge required for a career in customer, product, brand and revenue management, and the skills to research the needs of customers, bring new and innovative products to market, manage channel partners and manage customer satisfaction and loyalty. This Masters course provides students with the skills, theory and practical experience to audit a market, identify opportunities, and create, implement and manage marketing processes and plans.
Students are required to complete 9 core units and an approved 60 credit point specialisation (or elective units as approved by the Course Coordinator).
- FBL5010 Managing People and Organisations
- FBL5020 Marketing Leadership
- FBL5030 Fundamentals of Value Creation in Business
- MKT5325 Applied Digital Marketing
- DES5102 Design Thinking
- MKT6304 New Product Development
- MKT6308 Current Issues in Marketing
- MBA6090 Entrepreneurship, Innovation and Creativity
- MKT6310 Marketing Research
Units from Approved Specialisation (60 credit points) OR 3 x Level 5 or Level 6 units from the School of Business and Law as approved by the Course Coordinator.
One or more of the specialisations in this course is externally recognised when studied within this course. Refer to the specialisation for more information.
- Information Systems
- Professional Internship
- Project Management