Graduate Certificate in Marketing
Current marketing thinking, techniques, and tools
Explore the foundations of marketing. You’ll build skills to connect customers with brands across multiple channels. Get to know consumer behaviour. Unlock specialist roles or keep studying towards your Masters.
Australian Higher Education Loan Program (HELP)
- 18 Feb 24
- 18 Feb 24
- 30 Jun 24
- 30 Jun 24
With a network of campuses spanning three cities in South East Queensland, Griffith University is committed to progressive multidisciplinary teaching and research and a valuable online provider with Open Universities Australia. Already attracting students from over one hundred countries, Griffith's dedication to academic excellence is available across Australia through OUA.
Learn more about Griffith.
Explore Griffith courses.
QS Ranking 2024
Times Higher Education Ranking 2024
What you'll learn
Graduates of the Graduate Certificate in Marketing will have:
- specialized knowledge of theory and concepts that underpin the marketing discipline
- specialized knowledge within the marketing discipline, its related fields and contemporary marketing industry.
Marketing offers variety like few other professions, and you may find career opportunities in fast moving consumer goods, tourism, the entertainment industry, public relations and advertising. With a postgraduate qualification, you will be well prepared for senior management positions in marketing, as well as specialist or consulting roles.
To be eligible for admission to the Graduate Certificate in Marketing, you must have:
- A recognised Bachelor degree (or higher) in any discipline with a minimum grade point average of 4.0 using a 7.0 scale ORA minimum of five years full-time (or equivalent) relevant ^professional work experience ORCombination of formal study, informal and non-formal learning deemed to be equivalent to either of the above.
^Professional Experience: Marketing, Advertising, Sales, Customer Relationship Management, Digital Marketing, Social Media Marketing, Market Research, Brand Management, Communications, Content Marketing, PR. Roles requiring technical, specialist expertise or managerial/decision making functions with a broad knowledge of and/or skills in marketing and/or business; key concepts or principles in marketing and/or business are also considered professional experience.
English Proficiency Requirements
English language requirements apply to International applicants and other applicants whose previous study was undertaken in a language other than English. The minimum English language requirements for such applicants for entry to this program are as follows:
- A minimum overall band score of 6.5 on IELTS (Academic) with no sub-score of less than 6.0 OR
- a minimum score of 575 on TOEFLOR an internet-based (iBT) TOEFL score of 79 (no sub-score less than 19) OR
- no score less than 3+ in each skill of the ISLPR (conducted by ISLPR Language Services only) OR
- a minimum overall score of 176 (no score less than 169) on C1 Advanced (formerly Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English) OR
- C2 Proficiency (formerly Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English) OR
- an overall score of 58 in the Pearson Test of English (Academic) with no score less than 50.
English test results must be no more than two years old.
International students who successfully complete the Direct Entry Program (DEP) will satisfy the English Language requirements for this Griffith degree.
The Direct Entry Program (DEP) is not available for Domestic students.
Applicants should refer to the English language requirements section of the following University policy for exceptions to these overall requirements:
Credit for previous study or work
Reduce the time it takes to finish your degree. You can apply to Griffith to recognise your prior learning, including:
- Formal learning through courses completed at uni and TAFE.
- Informal learning through workplace experience or volunteer training.
- Non-formal learning through social experiences and hobbies.
Marketing is fast-paced, exciting and always challenging. It is an ideal career if you are creative, analytical and a good communicator. In the Graduate Certificate in Marketing you will gain a solid base of knowledge and expertise in the latest techniques and technologies in consumer behaviour, market research and integrated marketing communications.
Griffith University offers a number of study options for Marketing including on-campus and online. Find out more about our Marketing programs.
Degree structure details
Recommended Study Pattern
As a guide, core subjects in this degree can include:
- Integrated Marketing Communication
- Marketing Foundations
- Advanced Consumer Behaviour
- Market Research
As part of your application, you’ll be guided through how to get the right degree structure in place for you.
To be eligible for the award of Graduate Certificate in Marketing (GCertMark), you must acquire 40 credit points as prescribed below:
- 40 credit points for the Foundation Module.