Bachelor of Communication and Media (Marketing)
Australian Higher Education Loan Program (HELP)
- No dates available
As Australia’s #1 university for graduate starting salary (Good Universities Guide, 2022), University of Southern Queensland is the right place to make real progress. Regardless of your education history, your age or your aspirations, at UniSQ you’ll be inspired by quality learning experiences matched with top resources and research. Having delivered distance and online learning for over 40+ years, UniSQ supports you to learn at your own pace—exactly how it suits you.
Learn more about USQ.
Explore USQ courses.
QS Ranking 2024
Times Higher Education Ranking 2024
What you'll learn
On successful completion of the program students should be able to:
• Communicate with high degree of clarity and coherence focusing on specific recipients using professional or technical language;
• Identify and evaluate the communication processes in a range of industry settings using oral, written, and digital channels;
• Solve problems using critical and reflective approaches informed by communication theory, ethical and social responsibilities;
• Select and apply industry relevant communication practices in authentic settings that are collaborative, innovative, and future-focused;
• Value cultural awareness and diversity and advocate within teams, communities, and workplace settings;
• Critically examine and describe the theoretical issues, problems and methodologies used within the communication professions.
As a graduate, your career opportunities may include marketing and communications officer, marketing researcher, digital marketing coordinator, advertising manager, product or brand manager, distribution manager, sales manager and events coordinator.
ATAR/Selection Rank + English Language Proficiency
Credit for previous study or work
Marketing is a critical tool in industry growth and development. Marketing professionals need to be able to understand consumer behaviour in order to create market value, generate strategies and tap into marketing channels. In this program we emphasise the learning of marketing theories, principles and skills through the combination of theoretical study and practical application. Further, you will develop a skillset to equip you to work as a practising marketer in a range of product and service industries, and you will have an appreciation for global, sustainable and ethical contexts of marketing strategies and practices.