Enrolments for this year have closed. Keep exploring subjects.
QS RANKING 2020
Times Higher Education Ranking 2020
Upon successful completion of this subject, students should be able to:
- Construct phrases and sentences, making use of the basic elements of the Indonesian language, particularly vocabulary and sentence structure
- Respond appropriately to basic spoken and written Indonesian
- Apply key cross-cultural awareness in written and verbal communication
- Topics to be confirmed via LMS at the commencement of the study term
No eligibility requirements
No special requirements
This is an introductory subject for students with no prior knowledge of Indonesian. This subject will provide students with the skills to communicate and interact with Indonesian people on a range of topics, to find their way around in Indonesia, and to understand basic information written in Indonesian. It provides the foundation for an understanding of Indonesian culture and society norms, through situating the use of the Indonesian language in relevant social and cultural contexts. Learning the Indonesian language, even as a beginner, cannot be separated from learning the cultural significance in Indonesia of taboos, gestures, the concept of time, and etiquette, all of which are markedly different from Australian cultural norms.
- Speaking practice (20%)
- Listening and writing tests (60%)
- Speaking/interview test (20%)