Your upfront cost: $0
Subjects may require attendance
- 27 Jun 2022
QS RANKING 2022
Times Higher Education Ranking 2022
By the end of this 10-week course, you’ll be able to:
- Describe and evaluate the structure and function of the human nervous system and brain, the states of human consciousness, the processes of motivation and emotion, and the major theories of learning
- Describe and evaluate ethical research practices
- Describe and evaluate basic research designs
- Apply academic literacies appropriate to the discipline of psychology
- Introduction to psychology
- Research methods in psychology
- Ethics and critical evaluation of psychological research
- The brain and nervous system
- Sensation and perception
No eligibility requirements
No additional requirements
Examine the methods and concepts of psychology with a focus on the biological basis of behaviour and research design. Explore the structure and function of the human nervous system and cerebral cortex, states of consciousness, motivation, emotion and learning.
UniSA Online’s 10-week short courses give you the flexibility to upskill in a certain area, stay current with developments in your field, diversify your knowledge, or even explore a new direction in your career – without having to commit to the time and cost of a full university degree.
Delivered 100% online, you’ll be able to study where and when it suits you. Access online academic and student support seven days a week, fit study around work and life commitments, view learning resources 24/7, and log in to the interactive online environment anywhere, any time and on any device.
This is a first-year course from UniSA Online’s Bachelor of Psychology degree.
Should your course have an exam it will be scheduled for Australian Central Standard Time or Australian Central Daylight Time, depending on the time of the year.
- Continuous assessment (10%)
- Critical analysis (50%)
- Examination (40%)
Current study term: 26 Jun 22 to 02 Sep 22
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.