Warning! This unit contains mature content and may not be suitable for some students. Any student under the age of 16 who would like to enrol in this unit must first complete a Parental Consent Form.
- Definition, history and science of positive psychology.
- Theory of positive psychology as applied to issues such as emotions, motivation, love.
- The positive psychology approach to topics such as wellbeing, health, coping, lifespan.
- Current social and cultural implications related to positive psychology.
- Disscusion forum/Discussion Board
- Embedded Multimedia
- Online Quizzes/Tests
- Web links
- Welcome letter
- Printable format materials
You cannot enrol in this unit if you have successfully completed any of the following subject(s) because they are considered academically equivalent:
You must have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this subject:
Do not enrol into this subject if you have completed PSY20004 Psychology of Wellbeing. You must also complete two (2) Level 2 subjects in Psychology before starting this subject.
No special requirements
This project-based subject will provide students with an in-depth view of the field of Positive Psychology, and contribute to students’ understanding of core human character strengths and virtues. This subject examines how the scope of psychology is broadening beyond the identification of pathology and treating or preventing disorder, and give students the opportunity to develop professionally relevant skills in the Positive Psychology field.
Please note: assessment values are indicative only, details will be advised at the start of the subject.
- Assignment 1 - Report (40%)
- Assignment 2 - Project (50%)
- Assignment 3 - Presentation (10%)
Textbooks are subject to change within the academic year. Students are advised to purchase their books no earlier than one to two months before the start of a subject.
Click on the titles of the listed books below to find out more:
- Positive Psychology: The Science of Happiness and Flourishing
- Compton & Hoffman
- Second wave positive psychology: Embracing the dark side of life
- Ivtzan, I., Lomas, T., Hefferon, K., & Worth, P.