- Ethics and professionalism, including the philosophical foundations of professional ethics
- Formal codes of ethics and codes of conduct and their impact on the work and behaviour of ICT professionals
- Understanding industry drivers, ICT trends within industries and interconnectedness between industries focusing on Australian industry
- Professionals' roles and responsibilities, professional work behaviours and attitudes including a focus on the structure of ICT work
- Business compliance imperatives and the implications for ICT professionals
- Issues in both employee and contractor relationships, including responsibilities and management issues involved in providing IT contracting services
- Social impacts of ICT, including understanding the impacts of ICT on end-users & consumers(with an emphasis on privacy, security & copyright matters)
- Life-long learning and career development as it relates to sound professional practice
Students must have completed 16 subjects (200 credit points) in Information Systems prior to enrolling into this subject.
No special requirements
The subject aims to assist students in identifying and understanding issues relating to the personal and organisational application of ICT with particular emphasis on ethics and privacy.
Students will develop a sense of professional responsibility through exploring professional codes of ethics articulated by professional accrediting bodies.
Students will explore a range of social, legal, ethical and business issues that ICT professionals face in their careers.
- Individual (20-30%)
- Group (30-50%)
- Group and Individual (10-20%)
- Individual (20-30%)
Textbook information is pending.
Bachelor of Business
- Major in Economics (THIS MAJOR IS CURRENTLY IN TEACH-OUT)
- Major in Finance (THIS MAJOR IS CURRENTLY IN TEACH-OUT)
- Major in Information Systems
- Major in Marketing
- Co-Major in Economics (for Finance students) (THIS CO-MAJOR IS CURRENTLY IN TEACH-OUT)
- Co-Major in Economics (not for Finance students) (THIS CO-MAJOR IS CURRENTLY IN TEACH-OUT)
- Co-Major in Finance (cannot be taken with the Finance or Economics Major) (THIS CO-MAJOR IS CURRENTLY IN TEACH-OUT)
- Co-Major in Finance (for Economics students) (THIS CO-MAJOR IS CURRENTLY IN TEACH-OUT)
- Co-Major in Information Systems
- Co-Major in Marketing (cannot be taken with the Marketing Major)
Bachelor of Business Information Systems
- Core Subjects Information Systems
- Major in Business Analysis
- Major in Data Analytics
- Co-Major in Economics (THIS CO-MAJOR IS CURRENTLY IN TEACH-OUT)
- Co-Major in Marketing