Applied Health Services Project
Your upfront cost: $0
- 28 Feb 2022
QS RANKING 2022
Times Higher Education Ranking 2022
On successful completion of the subject you should be able to:
- develop an in–depth knowledge and critical appreciation of the existing research literature and current practice in relation to the chosen area of your research/project
- plan and execute a substantial research-based project
- demonstrate technical and communication skills that reflect knowledge and expertise in the specialist area of practice
- deliver a presentation of the project findings to the school research seminar presentations
- provide a report in the form of either a journal article for project students or an organisational report for internship students.
- A week-by-week guide to the topics you will explore in this subject will be provided in your study materials.
You must have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this subject:
Enrolment in a graduate degree.
No additional requirements
Students will undertake a project in the area of either health management, quality, risk, clinical or corporate governance. This may be either conducted in a health industry placement under the supervision of the lecturer and nominated preceptor or undertaken as a research project in a relevant coursework area that the student has selected. Project findings will be reported in either a journal article format or industry report and be presented to either peers and/or members of the host organisation.
Please Note: All students studying at Murdoch University will need to complete the compulsory unit, Murdoch Academic Passport (MAP100), which only takes 2-3 hours to complete online. Find out more: http://goto.murdoch.edu.au/MurdochAcademicPassport.
Supervisors will provide regular feedback on written work during all phases of the project to facilitate student learning and achievement of subject outcomes. The completed project will be submitted as a journal article for publication into an appropriate Journal of your choice or as an organisational report if required by the host industry organisation (structure and referencing format to be guided by the chosen Journal) (5,000 words).
- Project Outline/Research Proposal (30%)
- Oral Presentation of Project Findings (10%)
- Journal Article/Organisational Report (60%)
Current study term: 27 Feb 22 to 25 Jun 22
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.