- Influences on health services management practice
- The changing role of the health service manager
- Health service organisations
- Human resource management in health care
- Work design in health care
- Organisational design in health care
- Working in health teams
- Integrated service delivery
- Managing change in health service organisations
- Decision-making and the health services manager
- Leadership in health care
- Resources and Links
No eligibility requirements
No special requirements
This subject was previously known as HTHM601 Health Services Management.
Health service management and organisation theory. The role of the health service manager. Planning and budgeting in management. Financial statement analysis. Capital investment appraisal. Inter organisation relationships, stakeholders and consumers. The design of work. Health care organisation design. Strategic management. Innovation and change in health care setting.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Assignment 1 - Invigilated Exam (40%)
- Assignment 2 - Report (30%)
- Assignment 3 - Essay (30%)