Construction Project Safety Management
Secure a foundation in safety, health and welfare management in construction. Understand the legal responsibilities of providing safe workplaces. Study safety standards and record breaches. Apply principles and processes in real industry settings.
Your upfront cost: $0
Subjects may require attendance
- 25 Nov 2019
Start your career with Curtin’s globally recognised courses and extensive industry connections. Through OUA, our online courses offer an interactive and collaborative learning experience that gets you the same degree as if you studied on campus. Curtin is a global university with a vibrant culture of innovation and collaboration and is ranked in the top one per cent of universities worldwide.
At the completion of this subject students will be able to:
- apply occupational health and safety principles and processes to construction industry scenarios.
- evaluate the role of the construction/project manager with regard to ensuring a safe working environment.
- analyze the application of occupational health and safety standards to record safety breaches.
- An Eye-opener to Safety
- Safety Culture
- Safety Culture: Incentives to Adopt
- Developing Safety Culture
- WHS Regulations
- Managing Risk Associated with Fall and Excavation
- Heat and Cold Stress
- Vibration and Fatigue
- Learning Curve
- Innovations in Safety
- Audio/Video conferencing
- Discussion forum/Discussion Board
- Online assignment submission
- Standard Media
- Web links
- Online Assessment
- Printable format materials
- Resources and Links
You cannot enrol in this subject if you have successfully completed any of the following subject(s) because they are considered academically equivalent:
You must have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this subject:
No special requirements
This subject was previously known as CME207 Construction Project Safety Management.
Management processes used in the application of occupational health and safety in the construction workplace and relevant safety acts and awards. Professional practices related to health and safety.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module
- Report & Presentation (35%)
- Reflection (25%)
- Invigilated Exam (40%)
Textbook information is pending.