Construction Project Safety Management
Secure a foundation in safety, health and welfare management in construction. Understand the legal responsibilities of providing safe workplaces. Study safety standards and record breaches. Apply principles and processes in real industry settings.
Your upfront cost: $0
- 28 Nov 2022
Start your career with Curtin’s globally recognised courses and extensive industry connections. Through OUA, their online courses offer an interactive and collaborative learning experience that gets you the same degree as if you studied on campus. Curtin is a global university with a vibrant culture of innovation and collaboration and is ranked in the top one per cent of universities worldwide.
Learn more about Curtin.
QS Ranking 2022
Times Higher Education Ranking 2022
Our student advisors are here to guide you with:
- Enrolling and eligibility
- Fee and loan information
- Credit and recognition for prior learning
At the completion of this subject students will be able to:
- apply occupational health and safety principles and processes to construction industry scenarios.
- evaluate the role of the construction/project manager with regard to ensuring a safe working environment.
- analyze the application of occupational health and safety standards to record safety breaches.
- Introduction to Construction Industry Management
- National Economy and the Construction Industry
- Understanding Project Lifecycle Stages
- Construction Contract Documents
- Team Selection Procedures in the Construction Industry
- Innovative Practices in Contemporary Construction Management
- Managing Risks and Uncertainties in Construction Project Delivery
- Professional Bodies in the Construction Industry
- Professional Ethics and Crime and Corruption in the Construction Industry
- Professional Services - Marketing, Insurances and Fees
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Summary and Revision
You should not enrol in this subject if you have successfully completed any of the following subject(s) because they are considered academically equivalent:
- CUR-CME207-Construction Project Safety Management (No longer available)
You must either have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this subject, or currently be enrolled in the following subject(s) in a prior study period; or enrol in the following subject(s) to study prior to this subject:
Please note that your enrolment in this subject is conditional on successful completion of these prerequisite subject(s). If you study the prerequisite subject(s) in the study period immediately prior to studying this subject, your result for the prerequisite subject(s) will not be finalised prior to the close of enrolment. In this situation, should you not complete your prerequisite subject(s) successfully you should not continue with your enrolment in this subject. If you are currently enrolled in the prerequisite subject(s) and believe you may not complete these all successfully, it is your responsibility to reschedule your study of this subject to give you time to re-attempt the prerequisite subject(s)
No additional requirements
This subject was previously known as CME207 Construction Project Safety Management.
Management processes used in the application of occupational health and safety in the construction workplace and relevant safety acts and awards. Professional practices related to health and safety.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module
- eTest (20%)
- Essay (50%)
- Collaborative Reflective Journal (30%)
Current study term: 27 Nov 22 to 26 Feb 23
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.