Advanced Chinese Developing
Enrolments for this year have closed. Keep exploring subjects.
Start your career with Curtin’s globally recognised courses and extensive industry connections. Through OUA, our online courses offer an interactive and collaborative learning experience that gets you the same degree as if you studied on campus. Curtin is a global university with a vibrant culture of innovation and collaboration and is ranked in the top one per cent of universities worldwide.
QS RANKING 2021
Times Higher Education Ranking 2021
At the completion of this subject students will be able to:
- compare Australian society with that in Chinese speaking countries and present findings in both spoken and written formats
- demonstrate culturally sensitive responses in Chinese social environments
- formulate opinions on topical issues appearing in electronic media
- translate authentic dialogues, reports or commentary, Mandarin to English and English to Mandarin
- to be advised
You must have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this subject:
No special requirements
Further develops language skills through the use of authentic material from electronic media and text. Students are encouraged to further explore current themes and express opinion on social issues and cultural practices relevant to contemporary Chinese society.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Presentation on a topical social issue (35%)
- Cultural Blog (40%)
- eTest (25%)