Professional Context Project
Your upfront cost: $0
- 26 Jul 2021
This research-intensive university in north-western Sydney offers a range of undergraduate and postgraduate degrees. With over 30,000 current students, Macquarie has a strong reputation for welcoming international students and embracing flexible and convenient study options, including its partnership with Open Universities Australia.
QS RANKING 2021
Times Higher Education Ranking 2021
On successful completion of this unit, you will be able to:
- Conceptualise and conduct advanced research within an approved area.
- Plan and produce a major project within an approved area of activity and research.
- Apply refined technical skills and specialist knowledge within a sustained major work appropriate to specific readerships or community contexts.
- Initiate and collaborate with others in planning and executing an industry based or critically informed project
- Create and curate a digital portfolio that reflects upon their learning.
- A week-by-week guide to the topics you will explore in this subject will be provided in your study materials.
NCCW (pre-2020 units) ENGL875, ENGL8075 Pre-requisite 40 credit points
No special requirements
In this unit each student conceptualises, designs and undertakes a project that engages with their individual vocational or education aims. Each project will extend upon the skills and knowledge developed during the student’s Masters study. Students engage in a Major Work from one of three modules: a Professional Context Project, such as an internship or other industry-focused project; the design of a school or community-based creative writing curriculum; or a research-based Journal Article suitable for a postgraduate level peer-reviewed journal. The unit is not intended for the production of a piece of creative writing. Students plan and undertake their project through independent work with the support of the convenor and student peers. Peer feedback and collaboration is encouraged. At the unit’s outcome students have engaged in a significant professionalising experience culminating in documentation and a digital portfolio showcase.
- Participatory task (10%%)
- Major project (50%%)
- Portfolio (30%%)
- Proposal/Project Plan (10%%)
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.