Environmental and Technological Systems in Architecture
Identify suitable construction, environmental and management systems for low-rise, medium-sized clear span builds. Collect and integrate data to assess best fit. Design documents for moderate-scale rise and density construction.
Your upfront cost: $0
- 29 Nov 2021
- 30 May 2022
- 28 Nov 2022
QS RANKING 2022
Times Higher Education Ranking 2022
At the completion of this subject students will be able to:
- identify appropriate construction, environmental and technological systems for application in the design of a medium scale, clear span project
- synthesise information relevant to construction, environmental and technological systems required at relevant stages of design of a moderately complex medium scale project
- evaluate and integrate appropriate construction, environmental and technological systems in a medium scale, clear span project
- work collaboratively to produce design development documents for a moderately complex medium scale project.
- Cladding Systems
- Long Span Roof Systems
- Tilt Slabs
- Thermal Insulation
- Air Conditioning Systems
- Hydraulic Services
You must either have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this subject, or currently be enrolled in the following subject(s) in a prior study period; or enrol in the following subject(s) to study prior to this subject:
and one of
- CUR-BAS150-Architectural Science in Context
- CUR-BAS210-Architectural Technology in Context (No longer available)
Please note that your enrolment in this subject is conditional on successful completion of these prerequisite subject(s). If you study the prerequisite subject(s) in the study period immediately prior to studying this subject, your result for the prerequisite subject(s) will not be finalised prior to the close of enrolment. In this situation, should you not complete your prerequisite subject(s) successfully you should not continue with your enrolment in this subject. If you are currently enrolled in the prerequisite subject(s) and believe you may not complete these all successfully, it is your responsibility to reschedule your study of this subject to give you time to re-attempt the prerequisite subject(s)
Level 3 subjects normally assume an introductory level of prior knowledge in this area e.g. from studying related Level 2 subjects or other relevant experience. Ensure all Level 2 subjects have been completed.
- Equipment requirements - Access to hardware: webcam, speakers and microphone.
This subject explores construction, environmental and technological systems for medium scale, clear span architectural projects. Utilising different methods of architectural communication, students are engaged in the production of design development documents. Work integrated learning is incorporated through authentic learning activities focused on design decision making and documentation that simulate real world projects and workplaces.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Case Study (50%)
- Portfolio (50%)
Current study term: 28 Nov 21 to 27 Feb 22
Textbooks are not required.
Next study term: 29 May 22 to 28 Aug 22
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.