- A Brief History of Making
- Structural Engineering
- Making Beautiful Buildings
- Making Buildings Beautiful
- Making Buildings Safe
- Making Buildings Healthy
- Life Cycle Design
- Mechanical and Hydraulic Services
- Suitability Systems
- The Future of Making
- Disscusion forum/Discussion Board
- Online assignment submission
- Podcasting/Leacture capture
- Standard Media
- Web links
- Resources and Links
- Printable format materials
- Online Assessment
You must have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this subject:
- EquipmentDetails - Access to hardware: webcam, speakers and microphone.
This subject explores the notion of architecture and making by focusing on the relationship of methods of construction, integration of structural principles and selection of materials in the design process of small scale architecture. Work integrated learning is incorporated through integration and application of construction knowledge and design documentation.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Assignment 1 - Report (20%)
- Assignment 2 - Invigilated Exam (30%)
- Assignment 3 - Exercise (30%)
- Assignment 4 - Exercise (20%)