Laggers apply insulation using a variety of materials including fibreglass, felt and asbestos to pipes, generators, ducting and other devices. They are required to perform some physical labour manually applying insulation and should have knowledge of proper material functions.
Duties and tasks
- Determine specifications for insulation based on measurements and area to be applied.
- Fit insulating materials to desired area and remove excess material
- Manually install and secure insulating materials using hand tools, wire, netting, staples and welding torches
- Provide finishing on insulation materials by applying waterproof substance or protective layer over insulation
- Use pieces of insulation materials to fill in holes or damaged areas of walls or casings
- Critical Thinking Skills
- Organisation Skills
- Physical Fitness and Manual Agility
- Problem Solving Abilities
- Strong Attention to Detail
Working conditionsLaggers may typically work Monday to Fridays depending on work commissions or projects. They should be able to perform manual labour applying installation and travelling to and from work sites.
Professional associations / Industry informationAustralian Institute of Building Surveyors
Surveying and Sapatial Sciences Institute
Related jobs and job titles
- Crane Chasers
- Drillers Assistants
- Mining Support Workers
- Surveyors Assistants