How to become a construction foreman
What does a construction foreman do?
Duties and tasks
- Coordinate construction work and allocate general and daily duties according to project priorities and plans.
- Organise schedules and monitor attendance of crew.
- Oversee and ensure work adhere to building legislation and standards of performance, quality, cost and safety.
- Building Professionals Board (New South Wales)
- Victorian Building Authority
- Queensland Building and Construction Commission
- Service SA
- Building Commission (Western Australia)
- Consumer, Building and Occupational Services (Tasmania)
- Building Practitioners Board (Northern Territory)
- Access Canberra
Discover related degrees
Diploma of Construction Management
- Discipline Elective Subjects
Bachelor of Applied Science (Construction Management)
- Level 4 Subjects - Professional
- Level 4 Subjects - Honours
Discover related subjects
Step up your career with these resources
Upskilling or reskilling now will give you more career options
Thanks to the pandemic, new technologies and calls for social progress, the world of work is changing. How will you stay ahead in your industry?
Edward on how OUA helped progress his career
When he realised the ease of online study, Edward's goals went from squeezing through with a 'pass', to achieving excellent marks.
The checklist to prepare your career for the 2020s
With the turn of the decade, and today's speedy technology advances, here's how employees can approach the next 10 years in the workforce feeling prepared, not panicked.