How to become a construction foreman
What does a construction foreman do?
Duties and tasks
- Coordinate construction work and allocate general and daily duties according to project priorities and plans.
- Organise schedules and monitor attendance of crew.
- Oversee and ensure work adhere to building legislation and standards of performance, quality, cost and safety.
- Building Professionals Board (New South Wales)
- Victorian Building Authority
- Queensland Building and Construction Commission
- Service SA
- Building Commission (Western Australia)
- Consumer, Building and Occupational Services (Tasmania)
- Building Practitioners Board (Northern Territory)
- Access Canberra
Discover related degrees
Discover related subjects
Step up your career with these resources
Are microcredentials worth it?
You can study a microcredential in just about any industry, from healthcare and education to business and marketing. Here’s why these skills-based short courses are worth your time.
5 qualities that make you a leader vs a manager
While managers dole out tasks, leaders take things a step further by inspiring everyone around them. Discover how you can become this kind of leader, no matter where you work.
How to write a business plan
Thinking about striking out on your own and starting your own company? Here's how to create an effective business plan.