How to become a construction foreman
What does a construction foreman do?
Duties and tasks
- Coordinate construction work and allocate general and daily duties according to project priorities and plans.
- Organise schedules and monitor attendance of crew.
- Oversee and ensure work adhere to building legislation and standards of performance, quality, cost and safety.
- Building Professionals Board (New South Wales)
- Victorian Building Authority
- Queensland Building and Construction Commission
- Service SA
- Building Commission (Western Australia)
- Consumer, Building and Occupational Services (Tasmania)
- Building Practitioners Board (Northern Territory)
- Access Canberra
Discover related degrees
- Level 4 Subjects - Professional
- Level 4 Subjects - Honours
Discover related subjects
Step up your career with these resources
Is a career in project management right for you?
Do you get a kick out of thinking big and getting things done? You could make a great project manager.
Are microcredentials worth it?
You can study a microcredential in just about any industry, from healthcare and education to business and marketing. Here’s why these skills-based short courses are worth your time.
5 qualities that make you a leader vs a manager
While managers dole out tasks, leaders take things a step further by inspiring everyone around them. Discover how you can become this kind of leader, no matter where you work.
We're here to guide you there
Our student advisors can assist you with enrolment, help you plan your studies, and answer questions about how studying through Open Universities Australia can get you from where you are today, to where you want to be tomorrow.