How to become a construction estimator
What does a construction estimator do?
Duties and tasks
- Plan and organise construction projects with construction managers, architects and surveyors.
- Estimate material, labour and equipment required for the project.
- Calculate cost of materials, labour and time needed to finish the project based on project scope, building plans and specifications.
- Interpret plans, regulations and codes of practice.
- Construction and Property Services Industry Skills Council
- NSW - Building Professionals Board, Dept of Planning
- VIC - Victorian Building Authority
- QLD - Queensland Building and Construction Commission
- SA - Government of South Australia
- WA - Building Commission
- TAS - Dept of Infrastructure, Energy & Resources
- NT - Building Practitioners Board, Dept of Lands & Planning
- ACT - Planning and Land Authority
- Construction Training Fund
Discover related degrees
Discover related subjects
Step up your career with these resources
Are microcredentials worth it?
You can study a microcredential in just about any industry, from healthcare and education to business and marketing. Here’s why these skills-based short courses are worth your time.
5 qualities that make you a leader vs a manager
While managers dole out tasks, leaders take things a step further by inspiring everyone around them. Discover how you can become this kind of leader, no matter where you work.
How to write a business plan
Thinking about striking out on your own and starting your own company? Here's how to create an effective business plan.