How to become an architect
What does an architect do?Architects combine their artistry and technical skills to design and oversee the construction of buildings. With an awareness of history and heritage, and a flair for design systems, architects dream up safe and beautiful spaces.
Duties and tasks
- Transform clients’ requirements into achievable projects.
- Draw up plans, concepts, and specifications for buildings.
- Liaise with building and construction professionals about materials and timeframes.
- Inspect construction projects for compliance with plans, specifications, and safety and quality requirements.
- Association of Consulting Architects Australia
- Australian Architecture Association
- Australian Institute of Architects
Discover related degrees
Bachelor of Applied Science (Interior Architecture)
- Level Four Subjects
- Level Four Subjects - Honours Stream
Discover related subjects
Step up your career with these resources
Upskilling or reskilling now will give you more career options
Thanks to the pandemic, new technologies and calls for social progress, the world of work is changing. How will you stay ahead in your industry?
Edward on how OUA helped progress his career
When he realised the ease of online study, Edward's goals went from squeezing through with a 'pass', to achieving excellent marks.
The checklist to prepare your career for the 2020s
With the turn of the decade, and today's speedy technology advances, here's how employees can approach the next 10 years in the workforce feeling prepared, not panicked.