How to become an architectural, building, or surveying technician
What does a architectural, building, or surveying technician do?These technicians perform technical functions for projects on sites. Their tasks can include inspections, estimations, collecting and evaluating data, and preparing maps and plans.
Duties and tasks
- Work with architects, construction managers, and surveyors on technical aspects of work including drafting plans for roll-out of projects.
- Manage technical progress of projects to ensure quality and compliance with design specifications, codes and regulations.
- Create blueprints, maps and charts for planned activities and revise as needed; create schedule for completed results.
- Coordinate contractors and construction teams and inspect work progress.
- Evaluate designs and scheduled implementation and ensure that plans adhere to health and safety standards and building codes.
- Keep ongoing record of estimated budgets and cost breakdown.
Discover related courses
Step up your career with these resources
Do you need a masters to work in a library?
Librarians play an important role in keeping information accessible and helping people find what they need. But what qualifications do you actually need to become a librarian in Australia?
Are microcredentials worth it?
You can study a microcredential in just about any industry, from healthcare and education to business and marketing. Here’s why these skills-based short courses are worth your time.
5 qualities that make you a leader vs a manager
While managers dole out tasks, leaders take things a step further by inspiring everyone around them. Discover how you can become this kind of leader, no matter where you work.