Innovative eLearning Pedagogy
Discover innovations in eLearning technology and pedagogy. Take an in-depth look at mobile learning, cloud computing, wearable technology, 3d printers, and the student pedagogy of teaching in virtual worlds, augmented reality and gamification.
There are no available classes. Find another subject.
The University of New England is the only Australian public university to be awarded the maximum 5 stars for Overall Experience by the Good Universities Guide, 13 years in a row. UNE has delivered distance education since 1955—that’s longer than any other Australian university. Perhaps that’s why students continue to rate UNE so highly for student satisfaction and teaching quality. With over 170 degrees offered online, and more than 20,000 online students, UNE is the expert in online education.
Upon completion of this subject, students will be able to:
- critically analyse the role that new technology can play in enhancing learning in elearning environments;
- demonstrate an advanced level of theoretical knowledge and understanding to critique innovations in educational technology and pedagogy in elearning environments;
- apply specialised academic skills to analyse a variety of teaching strategies using innovative technology in elearning environments; and
- based on relevant theories, concepts and methods, design a teaching module demonstrating innovative technology used in elearning environments.
- Innovations in eLearning technology and pedagogy
You must either have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this subject, or currently be enrolled in the following subject(s); or enrol in the following subject(s) to study at the same time or prior to this subject:
No special requirements
This subject will explore innovations in elearning technology and pedagogy. Students will be able to explore the pedagogical possibilities of a variety of innovative technologies such as mobile learning, cloud computing, wearable technology and 3D printers and the student pedagogy of teaching in virtual worlds, augmented reality and gamification. A variety of resources will be used for students to develop skills, knowledge and create their own resources.
- Assignment 1 (40%)
- Assignment 2 (60%)