Entrepreneurship and New Venture Creation
Foster an entrepreneurial mindset as you consider the research and planning that goes into new business ventures. Study topics like commercialisation, growth management and deal structures.Recognise a new venture’s legal and financial issues.
Enrolments for this year have closed. Keep exploring subjects.
QS RANKING 2022
Times Higher Education Ranking 2022
Upon successful completion of this course you will be able to:
- Build and apply entrepreneurship knowledge in an industry or social setting to create an effective strategy for a sustainable business.
- Use design thinking to develop new product and/or service opportunities for an entrepreneurial venture.
- Critically engage with and resolve ethical challenges of entrepreneurship and new venture creation.
- Understand the international entrepreneurship scene and the resources available to help entrepreneurs succeed
- A week-by-week guide to the topics you will explore in this unit will be provided in your study materials.
In order to enrol in this subject, you must be accepted into one of the following degrees:
No additional requirements
New business ventures and entrepreneurship are exciting challenges in business practice. Your developmental and research work for new business ventures can be quite complex before the effective commercialisation of new products. You are encouraged to develop “the entrepreneurial mindset”. You will deal with the issues which arise in the transformation, production and commercialisation of new business ventures. You will draw from perspectives derived from innovation and entrepreneurial development, link technology, products and markets in practical terms, and reflect and analyse critically your strategic business decisions and plans.
Specific topics include: entrepreneurship, innovation, new venture creation, information sources, advisory services, using consultants, the role of government, preparing the business plan, financial issues in new venture creation, legal issues in new venture creation, acquiring an existing business, deal structure, and managing the growth enterprise.
- Assessment Task 1 (Linked CLO 1, 3 and 4) (40%)
- Assessment Task 2 (Linked CLO 1, 3 and 4) (10%)
- Assessment Task 3 (Linked CLO 1, 2, 3 and 4) (50%)