Asian Management Issues (Study tour Vietnam)
Make Vietnam your base camp as you study Asian business management. Face the barriers that cross-cultural discourse creates in the business world. Dissect economic and business systems. Walk the streets of Vietnam as you work with multicultural teams.
Enrolments for this year have closed. Keep exploring subjects.
Online & on-campus
Australia's largest dual-sector institute, offering both TAFE and higher education, RMIT University proudly delivers work-related education and practical research relevant to current business and community needs. More than 60,000 students study with RMIT, and many of their degrees are available through Open Universities Australia.
QS RANKING 2021
Times Higher Education Ranking 2021
On successful completion of this subject you will be able to:
- critically analyse culturally variable business practices using an appropriate analytical model
- reflect on your own attitudes, value and beliefs
- identify potential barriers in cross-cultural communication
- assess the influence of cultural factors on the individual, on business and on professional behaviour
- analyse economic, business and financial systems
- work effectively in multi-disciplinary teams.
- A week-by-week guide to the topics you will explore in this unit will be provided in your study materials.
You should have an understanding of management theory and recognise the importance of cross-cultural understanding.
- Travel requirements - Students must organise and pay for their own travel arrangements to ensure they are in Vietnam on the specified starting date. Students are responsible for all costs associated with travel, accommodation and meals.
This course requires permission to enrol. Carefully read the instructions below.
To be eligible for this program, students must have successfully completed at least one semester of study, or four courses at RMIT, whichever is greater. You must also have the requisite free elective space, and not be ‘At Risk’ in your program.
Students should register themselves on Mobi at https://outbound.rmit.edu.au/index.cfm?FuseAction=Programs.ViewProgramAngular&id=11480.
If the student meets the course requirements, all applications will be approved based on enrolment spaces available.
- Assessment Task 1 (30%)
- Assessment Task 2 (40%)
- Assessment Task 3 (30%)