IT Professional Practice Project
Enrolments for this year have closed. Keep exploring subjects.
QS RANKING 2022
Times Higher Education Ranking 2022
On successful completion of this subject you should be able to:
- demonstrate effective communication skills in the context of an interdisciplinary IT project
- work collaboratively within an interdisciplinary IT project team
- apply an appropriate level of professional knowledge in the solution of complex problems
- apply problem solving, design and decision making methods to meet specified requirements
- apply relevant codes of professional conduct in an interdisciplinary IT project
- demonstrate an understanding of the client’s problem domain and solve the problems using IT approaches.
- Emerging technologies
- Industry Practices
- Project Management
- Legal and Ethic Issues faced by IT professionals
You must have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this subject:and
Level 3 subjects assume a moderate level of prior knowledge in this area, eg from studying related Level 1 and 2 subjects.
No additional requirements
Students in this team-based unit will use IT approaches to solve 'real world' problems from a range of domains. Creation of relevant project deliverables will require students to build upon skills developed during their studies. Students will be expected to appreciate the interdisciplinary nature of their project and how the skills of team members from different IT majors are required to solve complex problems. Project management and communication with clients and other stakeholders in a professional manner will be emphasised.
Please Note: All students studying at Murdoch University will need to complete the compulsory unit, Murdoch Academic Passport (MAP100), which only takes 2-3 hours to complete online. Find out more: http://goto.murdoch.edu.au/MurdochAcademicPassport.
- Project Documentation (15%)
- Project Deliverable (50%)
- Report (Individual performance evaluation) (15%)