Advanced Systems Physiology B
Examine the way the respiratory, renal, endocrine and gastrointestinal systems steer and control the way the human body functions. Identify and unravel real health conditions that affect and change the way the body operates and performs.
There are no available classes. Find another subject.
- 26 Aug 2019
The third university established in Victoria, La Trobe University has a diverse community of more than 33,000 students and staff. Its commitment to excellence in teaching and research prepares students to make a bold and positive impact in today's global community. La Trobe provides Open Universities Australia with its core tenets, entrepreneurship and sustainability.
At the completion of this subject students will be able to:
- independently access and assimilate credible knowledge of basic physiological principles relating to the endocrine system, gastrointestinal system, respiratory system and renal system
- use independently acquired credible knowledge of the physiological principles in solving given real-world physiologically based problems
- whilst working independently and collaboratively in an interdisciplinary team, complete a physiologically well-reasoned evidence based test on the outcomes of a defined case study.
- Endocrine System
- Gastrointestinal System
- Respiratory System
- Renal System
- Discussion forum/Discussion Board
- Embedded Multimedia
- Online Quizzes/Tests
- Online assignment submission
- Podcasting/Lecture capture
- Web links
- Resources and Links
- Audio-Video streaming
You must have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this subject:
- OtherDetails -
This subject is offered via Open Universities Australia. La Trobe University students can undertake this subject as part of a cross institutional enrolment under certain circumstances, and must seek approval from the Bachelor of Food and Nutrition Course Coordinator for eligibility. Due to the nature of the subject content and online delivery, enrolments are generally not permitted past the published OUA enrolment date for the study period.
Please note: this subject was previously known as Human Physiology Theory B.
In this subject, students will gain knowledge in systemic physiology which includes the
endocrine system, gastrointestinal system, respiratory system and renal system. Content is divided into two modules and delivered by online resources linked to the student learning management system (LMS).
- 2x 500 word each (30%)
- 10 x online = 200 word each (50%)
- 2 x tests = 500 word equiv each (20%)
Click on the titles of the listed books below to find out more: