21st Century Digital Learners
Enrolments for this year have closed. Keep exploring subjects.
QS RANKING 2022
Times Higher Education Ranking 2022
- Demonstrate knowledge of a range of digital skills and ICT and how these can be used in accessing, processing and communicating.
- Examine a range of contexts that utilise digital tools and develop appropriate applications to engage within these contexts.
- In a team research and demonstrate an understanding of the relevant issues and the strategies available to support the safe, responsible and ethical use of ICT in learning.
- Plan and develop a professional digital presence applicable to providing evidence of learning.
- • Self and technology
- • The 21st Century Digital Learner
- • STEM pedagogies
- • Online presence
- • Creator not consumer
- • Reflection
In order to enrol in this subject, you must be accepted into one of the following degrees:
No additional requirements
This is a cornerstone subject in which all first year education students will develop core knowledge and skills required to learn through digital platforms. In the formation of knowledge the theories that underpin learning in the digital world will be explored. Foundational understandings of digital competencies, literacy, creativity and collaboration skills will be addressed through a variety of applications. Students will learn how to work in the digital space in a safe, ethical and responsive manner as citizens of learners in the global space. Multimodal and visual literacies will be introduced as digital platforms which support the acquisition of new knowledge. Students will establish a Digital Evidentiary Portfolio that will be a portal to document learning.
- Multi-modal digital presentation (word equivalence 2500) (50%)
- Professional Digital Portfolio (2000 words) (50%)
Current study term: 17 Jul 22 to 26 Aug 22
Textbook information is pending.