Building Dissertation 1
Assemble your understanding of research. Review evidence and apply reasoning. Outline structure and critical thinking for a proposal. Source and assess quantitative and qualitative data. Refer to case studies and interviews. Prepare for Dissertation 2.
Enrolments for this year have closed. Keep exploring subjects.
QS RANKING 2021
Times Higher Education Ranking 2021
At the completion of this subject students will be able to:
- develop and propose a research topic
- evaluate the existing body of knowledge
- design a research strategy informed by the literature and an understanding of research methodology.
- Introduction to Research
- Critical Thinking
- Developing the Research Proposal
- Reviewing the Literature
- Research Reasoning and Design
- Quantitative: Data and Analysis
- Sampling and Questionnaire Surveys
- Qualitative: Data and Analysis
- Case Studies and Interviews
- Preparing for the Next Stage: Dissertation
This subject will need to be taken at least 2 study periods prior to undertaking CME409 Building Dissertation 2 which should be the final (or at least 1 of the final) subjects you undertake in this Degree.
No additional requirements
In this subject students will explore the research process applying critical thinking in research. Students will develop a research proposal and literature review, demonstrating reasoning in research. Students will apply relevant research methods In the management and analysis of research data.
*** In order to enrol in this subject, you must have been invited and accepted into the Honours Stream of the Bachelor of Applied Science (Construction Management) degree. ***
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Topic proposal (20%)
- Literature review (40%)
- Final Proposal (40%)
Current study term: 29 Aug 21 to 28 Nov 21
Textbooks are not required.
Bachelor of Applied Science Construction Management
- Level 4 Subjects - Professional
- Level 4 Subjects - Honours