- Cycle of Life and Death
- Age of Perfection and Empire
- Heaveny Pursuits: Christian & Islamic Architecture
- Dialogue with the Gods
- Rebirth and Reform
- The Age of Power and Reason
- The Age of Styles
- The Age of Abstraction
- Late Modernity and the Post-Modern
- The Colonial Age
- The Age of Control and Authority
- Disscusion forum/Discussion Board
- Online assignment submission
- Standard Media
- Web links
- Resources and Links
- Printable format materials
- Online Assessment
Note: Level 2 subjects normally assume an introductory level of prior knowledge in this area, e.g. from studying related Level 1 subjects or relevant experience.
- EquipmentDetails - Access to hardware: webcam, speakers and microphone.
This subject is an introduction to major historical periods of architecture from the Ancient world up to the Twentieth century. At its core is the critical understanding of the wider cultural, political and social aspects that invest the stylistic and spatial conditions of architecture and urban space. Through critical investigation of these aspects, this subject fosters the development of skills in research, theoretical analysis and critique.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Assignment 1 - Essay (50%)
- Assignment 2 - Assignment — Reflection (30%)
- Assignment 3 - Presentation (20%)