In studying a degree in criminology, you'll break down the complex issues that affect the criminal justice system, and probe the role of policing, corrections and reform programs.
Explore contemporary issues in criminology and criminal justice including youth justice, cybercrime, victimology and policing. Apply your knowledge of prevention theories, techniques and crime reduction programs to real world issues, situations and cases. Learn how to quick analyse and synthesise information. Understand how to communicate with people involved in the criminal justice system from victims through to law enforcement officials.
Build on your criminology major and work towards a career safeguarding the public or investigating crime.
- Develop strong research, analytical and communication skills.
- Analyse and explain real world criminology issues.
- Develop and formulate innovative criminology policies.
- Understand how to communicate with stakeholders within the justice system.
- Develop strategies to work with young people, victims of crime and offenders.
- Hone your research principles and methods to find what you need quickly.
Study a degree in criminology
Bachelor of Criminology and Criminal Justice
- Major in Criminal Justice
Study single criminology subjects
The Crimes of the Powerful
- Graduate Diploma of International Security Studies
- Master of International Security Studies
- Graduate Diploma of Cyber-Security, Policing, Intelligence and Counter Terrorism
- Graduate Certificate of Cyber-Security, Policing, Intelligence and Counter Terrorism
- Master of Cyber-Security, Policing, Intelligence and Counter Terrorism
- Master of International Security Studies/Cyber Security,Policing, Intelligence and Counter Terrorism
- Graduate Certificate of Security Studies and Criminology
- Graduate Diploma of Security Studies and Criminology
- Master of Counter Terrorism
- Master of Security and Strategic Studies
- Master of Intelligence
Criminology student stories
Jessica's storyJessica’s landed her dream job with the Australian Federal Police tackling cyber crime.
Fighting crime one step at a timeCareers in criminology include tackling the high-tech world of digital crime.
Carmen's storyFrom a low ATAR to a Master’s degree in criminology and criminal justice
Find the right course for you
We can guide you in your selection from 370+ degrees, and 1,920+ subjects, from leading Australian unis.
Start studying, regardless of history
We offer single undergraduate subjects from full degrees without any entry requirements.
Gain credit towards your degree
Apply for credit for past study, or your work experience, and finish faster.
Graduate with a degree from a leading uni
Enrol through us, and graduate with exactly the same university degree as on-campus students.
Feel supported from start to finish
Our student advisors can guide you in the right direction and help with your enrolment.
Get going with OUA
Compare and apply
We’ll help you find the right course for you. Our student advisors are ready to answer your questions.
Work out your finances
During your enrolment, we’ll offer you the option to pay upfront in full, or defer your payment using a student loan. Remember to look into income tax deductions for course fees and study-related expenses.
Get credit for your success
We won’t let your hard work go unrecognised. Choose to take a single subject, or combine your work as part of a degree.