How to become a regulatory officer
What does a regulatory officer do?Regulatory officers work with industries to ensure corporate and governmental regulations are being followed. They inspect the operations of businesses and report infractions as necessary.
Duties and tasks
- Carry out random checks of industries and businesses to ensure compliance.
- Check documentation and goods to ensure all regulations are being followed.
- Consider applications for both individual and business requests for governmental benefits.
- Examine visas and passports to prevent the entry of illegal aliens.
- Monitor various forms of industry to enforce observance of codes and regulations.
- Search trucks, aircraft, and other vehicles to prevent illegal activity.
- Compliance officer
- Customs investigator
- Customs officer
- Quality assurance inspector
- Traffic officer
- Transport operations officer
Discover related degrees
Discover related subjects
Step up your career with these resources
Are microcredentials worth it?
You can study a microcredential in just about any industry, from healthcare and education to business and marketing. Here’s why these skills-based short courses are worth your time.
5 qualities that make you a leader vs a manager
While managers dole out tasks, leaders take things a step further by inspiring everyone around them. Discover how you can become this kind of leader, no matter where you work.
How to write a business plan
Thinking about striking out on your own and starting your own company? Here's how to create an effective business plan.